BEST NATURAL REMEDIES FOR HYPERTHYROIDISM DISEASE
Now a day’s hyperthyroidism is very common disease like Hypertension and Diabetes. Hyperthyroidism is a condition in which there is excess production of thyroid hormone in body by thyroid gland. The thyroid hormone in body controls the metabolism in the body, helps in protein synthesis, controls body temperature, produce calcitonin hormone that normalize the quantity of calcium in the body , assists in the growth and consumption of oxygen in the cells. Thyroid increases the body’s metabolism rate which can lead to sudden weight loss, rapid heartbeat and excessive sweating. Natural remedies are the best way to treat hyperthyroidism as they treat the disease without any side effects.
Causes of Hyperthyroidism:
Women are more prone to hyperthyroidism as compare to males. There are different causes for this disease:
- The most common cause of hyperthyroidism is Graves’ disease. This disease is characterized by retraction of upper eyelids along with swelling and erythema. By release of excess thyroid hormone graves disease occurs.
- Due to immune system malfunction: Viral infection or immune system problems may also cause hyperthyroidism. The condition is known as thyroiditis which can cause leakage of stored thyroid hormone by the glands.
- Excess of iodine can also lead to hyperthyroidism.
- Toxic nodular goiter is another reason for hyperthyroidism to occur. In this case lumps lose their regulatory mechanism and boost the activity of thyroid gland resulting in the excess secretion of thyroid hormone. This condition is also called multinodular goiter.
Symptoms of Hyperthyroidism:
- Tiredness, irritability or exhaustion in body.
- Excessive sweating in body and excessive thirst.
- High blood pressure, breathlessness, insomnia, mood swings in patients.
- Hair loss and brittle hair problems.
- Thinning of skin with rise in acne.
- Sudden weight loss and increased appetite felt in patients.
- Frequent bowel movements or diarrhea in some patients.
- Muscles get weak, bones get brittle and aching joints, uncontrolled twitching of eyes are there.
- Irregular menstrual cycle, infertility in females and males.
NATURAL REMEDIES FOR HYPERTHYROIDISM:
- Eat broccoli as this cruciferous vegetable contains substances like isothiocyanates and goitrogens which help restrain the thyroid from producing too much hormone. Other cruciferous vegetables are cauliflower, turnips, brussel sprouts, rutabaga, kohlrabi, kale, radishes and mustard greens.
- People suffering from hyperthyroidism should use protein based food as protein transport thyroid hormones to different body tissues. Soy products like soya milk, tofu, soya beans etc. should be consumed.
- Eat diet rich in omega-3 fatty acids by eating more fish, grass-fed animal products, walnuts and flaxseeds etc. as they are the building blocks for hormones that control immune function and cell growth and helps to improve the ability to respond to thyroid hormones.
- Berries like strawberries, blackberries, raspberries, cherries etc. contain a high number of vitamins which decreases the inflammation of the thyroid gland by promoting immune system.
- Indian gooseberry is a natural remedy for hyperthyroidism as it controls the overproduction of thyroid hormones.
- Oats should be used in daily diet as it manages hyperthyroidism with the mechanism of struggling with the exhaustion and weakness caused by excessive secretion of hormones.
- Boost body by eating healthy essential vitamins and minerals like Vitamin C as it has antioxidant properties in it, Vitamin B12 food rich deals with the overactive thyroid gland.
- People who are non- vegetarian should eat salmon fish as it is rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
- Drink green/herbal tea regularly.
- Yogurt is a marvelous remedy that will never disappoint in the process of eliminating hyperthyroidism.
- Ashwagandhais an ayurvedic herb recommended for most patients of hyperthyroidism. It also restores immune system of the body.
- Parsley is the most wonderful natural remedies for the treatment of hyperthyroidism as it has amazing nutritional value in it.
- Eliminate refined foods and sugar from diet as these cause weaker functioning of the adrenal glands which may lead to disorders such as Graves disease.
- Get proper sleep as insufficient sleep can affect the activity of adrenal gland which is not good in hyperthyroidism patients.
- Exercise regularly as it is beneficial in hyperthyroidism patients. Exercise keeps the blood circulation healthy and ensures good cardiac and adrenal activity.
You can also opt for some of natural remedies for hypothyroidism like kanchnaarguggul, hakam churna, guggulipid capsules, guggul capsules etc. Regular use should be there for few months to notice desirable changes.