What after hair transplant?
Hair transplantation is the advanced procedure in which surgically hair follicles are shifted from the permanent zone of the scalp to the bald part for complete correctness of the baldness.
This anesthetic procedure is getting common so there is hardly anyone that is not aware about the procedure but there is great need to even to awareness about what is next after the surgy
THE SURGICAL NIGHT
The first night after the procedure is very crucial as the patient must remain preventive for any damage to the grafts. It is advised to patient not to touch the grafts as it can lead to fall of the grafts from the incisions. Even the sleeping posture for the patient must be adequate in the semi-upright position with the support of 2-3 pillows for elevating head. However the same sleeping posture is advised to take for 3-4 nights to the prevent swelling in the treated area
AFTER SURGERY HAIR WASH
After 24-48 hours patients are asked to take the gentle hair wash as per the instructions of the surgeon. Even patients are advised to change their regular shampoo with the medical shampoo provided by the center for at least 10 days.
Patients are asked to dilute the shampoo by mixing it with water in the plastic container then hair must be massaged gently with the fingers. For rinsing out the shampoo from the hair you can pour water gently into hair with container and the harsh showers are advised to avoid at least for 5 days
White spots generally appear at the roots of graft after wash but it is normal due to swelling and get disappear after 30-40 minutes.
Patient can normally get back to routine after 1-2 days however the physical activities must be avoided for at least 6-7 days as the activities like leaning forward, blowing of nose, lifting heavy burden and the dangerous sports. Even the outdoor sports like swimming and jogging are advised to avoid for 7 days as these can damage the grafts with sweating and heat or sun exposure. These activities can also cause swelling.
WHICH POTENTIAL COMPLICATIONS CAN BE EXPECTED AFTER SURGERY?
- Patient may encounter the problem of swelling in the treated areas and even in some cases around the eyes and on forehead. This swelling generally remains for 3-4 days after surgery. Person can follow the instructions given by the surgeon to avoid swelling like by taking prescribed medicines and by applying the ice packs
- Bleeding can also happen in rare cases. In such cases by applying compression on the area of bleeding one can deal with bleeding. Ice packs can also be used for cleaning the linen and the bleeding generally get stopped in few minutes.
- Some patients also feel discomfort and mild pain in the treated area then prescribed pain killers can help the patient to get relief from it.
- After surgery patients are prescribed some antibiotics to prevent t the chances of infection the grafts and on the scar.
- Some patients also feel numbness in the area treated but there is nothing to worry as the sensitivity get restored after some time.
- Patient can notice the crusts clinging to grafts after the hair transplant in Punjab. But it is normal and these get disappear after 7-10 days but patients are asked not to rub the grafts.
After hair transplant in India, patients can observe the noticeable hair growth after the 2-3 months. However after surgery shock loss means shedding of transplanted hair is quite normal but after that hair start growing with natural appearance. In 9 months patient can observe 70% growth and in one complete year patient can have 90-95% hair growth.